Ripon College Plus Semester(s) Program
As the Ripon College community adapts and continues to deal with the disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic, we recognize that some students’ ability to graduate in four years while fully taking advantage of the Ripon experience has been threatened. Rich, in-person academic and personal experiences, including classes, internships, research opportunities, events, programs, and everything that on-campus living has to offer, have become an expected part of attending Ripon College.
With this in mind, Ripon College is introducing the Ripon College Plus Semester(s) Program for students enrolled in the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
Eligible students interested in taking advantage of this opportunity will have their tuition waived for their ninth semester or fifth year. Learn if the Ripon College Plus Semester(s) Program is a good fit below.
- The additional semester or year must occur during the academic year immediately following the student’s eighth semester (or sixth semester for transfer students).
- The student must be continuously enrolled as a full-time (12 credits or more), degree-seeking student during both the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
- Students who enter Ripon College as first-year students must be continuously enrolled and have completed eight full-time semesters. Students who have completed more than eight full-time semesters are not eligible.
- A student who enters Ripon College as a transfer student must be continuously enrolled and have completed six semesters as a full-time, degree-seeking student. Other transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better and be in good financial standing with the College prior to enrollment in the Ripon Plus program.
- The student must have an academic reason to participate in this program and to extend their studies in the ninth semester or fifth year before receiving the degree. The Associate Dean of Faculty/Registrar in consultation with the student’s academic advisor must approve the existence of an academic reason.
- Under the Plus program, Ripon College will cover tuition for up to two semesters during the fifth year, minus any federal, state or institutional grants or scholarships for which the student ordinarily qualifies. Students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1 in order to determine eligibility for federal or state grants. Other costs, including student fees, room and board, are the responsibility of the student. Federal student and parent loans may be available, subject to aggregate loan limits.
- All students must enroll in at least 12 credits as a full-time, degree-seeking student each semester during their participation in the Plus program.
- All full-time students will be required to live on campus (fees, room and board are the students’ responsibility.) Exceptions will be considered by the Vice President and Dean of Students.
- Off-campus study opportunities are not available under the Plus Program.
Student-athletes should consult with the compliance officer in the athletics department and the coach regarding eligibility and NCAA/Midwest Conference compliance.
How to Apply
Students interested in participating in the Plus program during the 2024-2025 academic year, must notify the Office of the Registrar ([email protected]) no later than March 15, 2024.