More financial help, friends on campus sparked move to Ripon

Tiffany Seering ’11 of Dallas, Texas, did not originally plan to transfer to Ripon College. While she was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Seering found herself frequently driving to Ripon to meet friends and spend time on campus.

“The campus was beautiful, the dorms felt like home, and I loved the fact that the classes were small and personal,” she says. “Much different from my classes in a lecture hall with hundreds of students.”

After her freshman year, Seering decided to transfer to Ripon. “Transferring was a breeze,” she says. “All of my credits transferred, and my counselor helped me fight the entry classes that I had already taken at the UW school, but were slightly different from what Ripon had. I ended up being able to enter my sophomore year as a sophomore.”

Transferring to Ripon had many benefits for Seering, including more financial help. “I didn’t have to pay nearly anything out-of-pocket like I did at the UW school,” she says. “My family was not able to help me much with school and so I never thought I would be able to go, but Ripon really made it easy for me to get through on my own.”

At Ripon, Seering majored in environmental studies and minored in biology. She joined the cycling team and found she had a knack for racing. She won many races and also helped Ripon secure a Midwest Collegiate Cycling Conference championship and qualified to race at Nationals in California.

She now works as a manager at a Harley Davidson store and is taking night classes to become an emergency medical technician. “I really believe my experience at Ripon College has made me who I am,” says Seering.