Free speech on campus to be topic of panel discussion on March 7
“Free Speech on Campus,” a staff/student panel discussion, will begin at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 7, in Great Hall, Harwood Memorial Union, on the Ripon College campus. Panelists will be:
- Michele Wittler, associate dean of faculty, registrar, adjunct assistant professor of mathematical sciences, and Affirmative Action officer
- Steve Martin, associate professor of communication and chair of the department
- Kate Moody, associate librarian – access services and chair of the library
- Harley Mitchelly ’18 of Green Lake, Wisconsin, a politics and government major and philosophy minor
- Erika Isaacson ’18 of Eau Claire, Wisconsin, a chemistry major and Spanish minor
Panelists will discuss a variety of free speech issues and how they relate to college campuses. Topics include trigger warnings, safe spaces, political correctness, and offensive language.
The discussion will be livestreamed on YouTube via www.ripon.edu/live-events.
The Student Advisory Board of the Center for Politics and the People is sponsoring the event. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook notice.
Dear Ripon College community: Today marks the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is a time when our nation remembers the life […]
Dear Ripon College Community, Happy New Year! I hope that you had the opportunity to relax and unwind over the winter break. I am truly […]
Ripon College competed in the Upper Midwest Regional Ethics Bowl at Northern Illinois University Nov. 13. Caroline Flesch ’23 of Delevan, Wisconsin; Caitlin Marsch ’24 […]
“Everybody,” by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, a modern adaptation of the classic play “Everyman,” will be presented Dec. 8 to 11 in Benstead Theatre, C.J. Rodman Center […]