Classes canceled Jan. 30 due to extreme cold
Due to the extreme weather conditions this week, adjustments have been made to class schedules and facility hours.
If you are in a class that meets at 11:15 on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, your class will have an extra meeting next Tuesday, February 5, from 11:15-12:25 (the Golden Hour). Classes will meet at their normally scheduled location, unless otherwise specified by your professor.
The following modified hours will take effect:
Updated facility hours
- Collaborative Learning Center will be closed starting at 6 p.m. on Jan. 29
- Financial Aid Office will be closed
- Lane Library will be closed starting at 6 p.m. on Jan. 29
- Willmore Center will be closed starting at 6 p.m. on Jan. 29
Updated dining information and hours
Wednesday, Jan. 30
- No breakfast
- Lunch will be delivered to Johnson Hall at 12 p.m. | Scott Hall Pink Lounge at 12:45 p.m. | The Nest – Bovay at 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner (hot meals only) will be served in the Commons from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Shuttles will run between the Quads and the dining hall.
Thursday, Jan. 31
- No breakfast
- Lunch (Main Line, Grill, Pizza) will be served from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dinner (Main Line, Grill, Pizza) will be served in the Commons from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Breakfast resumes
- Commons will close at 6:30 p.m.
*The Spot will remain closed until Monday.
*Starbucks will close Wednesday & Thursday, re-open Friday as scheduled.
Stay safe and warm, Red Hawks!
Jan Plane keynote speaker at Google conference abut women techmakers
Jan Plane, associate professor of computer science, was the keynote speaker at the workshop “A Deep Dive by EDU Change Makers,” hosted April 27 by […]
Travis Nygard presents paper at conference of Midwest Art History Society, publishes essay in book
Associate Professor of Art History Travis Nygard recently published an essay in a new book and presented a paper. “Interpreting an Ancient Maya Masterpiece, Palenque’s […]
Mica Rivera ’21 earns prestigious research fellowship from National Science Foundation
Mica Rivera ’21 of River Falls, Wisconsin, has received a prestigious award from the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program. The highly competitive award, […]
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]