We’re still here: Emily Tetzlaff ’20

In the fall, Emily Tetzlaff ’20 of Kaukauna, Wisconsin, will be attending Pacific University to pursue a doctor of optometry degree.

At Ripon, she is majoring in chemistry-biology with minors in Spanish and business management.

“The greatest skill Ripon College has allowed me to develop is an ability to overcome mental hurdles,” Tetzlaff says. “I often avoid tasks that I don’t want to do simply because I think they are going to be difficult. In my time at Ripon, working with various professors, especially in researching with Dr. Christina Othon, I acquired skills and knowledge that have made tackling hard academic tasks seem less daunting.”

She says of the off-campus end to the semester, “It has been challenging and saddening to end my college career this way. I wish it could have ended on campus with all the people that I have enjoyed getting to know and sharing life with over the past four years. This experience has reminded me, as I’m sure it has reminded many of us, that life is unpredictable and we should appreciate the good moments with good people when we have them.”