We’re still here: Johanna Wigand ’20

Johanna Wigand ’20 of West Allis, Wisconsin, hopes to work in child welfare in Milwaukee. She is majoring in sociology with a minor in psychology.

“I think the biggest thing I learned at Ripon that I will carry with me is how important it is to make connections and network,” she says. “I can confidently say that I would not have gotten as far as I have if I didn’t have the support of my friends, family and professors. It was because of the people I met in college that have made me who I am, and I will always remember to branch out and make as many connections as I can to have the best chance for my future.”

During the off-campus end to the semester, Wigand says, “I’m coping as best I can. I made myself a nice study/office area where I can sit down and do my work. I’ve also been trying to do things I enjoy to keep my spirits up, such as watching horror movies with my mom and reading books that I’ve been meaning to get through for a while. I’ve just been trying to remind myself of the things I can control rather than the things I can’t.”