We’re still here: Megan Rupnik ’20

In the fall, Megan Rupnik ’20 of Delavan, Wisconsin, will be attending the University of Nevada, Reno’s Interdisciplinary Social Psychology Ph.D. program.

She is a psychology major and graduated after the fall semester.

The most important lesson she learned at Ripon College, she says, is “that it is OK to have passions in a wide variety of areas. I’m someone that is interested in so many different facets of education, and Ripon allowed me (and encouraged me) to take classes in law, religion, communications, art, foreign languages, etc. I was able to have such a well-rounded education that encouraged me to explore anything that remotely sounded interesting. This led me to find a graduate program that encourages the same.”

Although she graduated before the COVID-19 pandemic forced classes to resume online, “I was planning to come back and participate in all of the senior activities so I did not exactly celebrate my graduation in the fall,” she says. “I think where I am at feels like a limbo between having a degree and not — and I do not know if that will change for a while.”