Class of 2021: Cortney Bols

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Cortney Bols ’21 of Sandwich, Illinois, is majoring in educational studies-early childhood/middle childhood and exercise science-physical education. She wants to teach physical education in Wisconsin or Illinois.

“One of the most important lessons that I took away from Ripon College is to adventure out and try new things,” she says. “The Catalyst program at Ripon made this possible in the academic sense that I was able to try classes that I wouldn’t normally take. I also tried many new things and organizations around campus, and they all brought me leadership opportunities and valuable life lessons, some that I plan to use in a classroom of my own someday.”

She says a favorite memory is working on the orientation committee during Summer Orientation and “the bonds that you build with not only the other committee members but the incoming first-year students. You are the person that many of them may turn to for advice or help in the upcoming semesters. Although it was always hot and sometimes even raining, moving all the new students in and helping them unload their cars will still be one of my favorite moments at Ripon, we always made it a competition to see who could carry in the most fridges.”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.