Class of 2021: Benjamin Georgia

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Benjamin Georgia ’21 of Green Bay, Wisconsin, is majoring in chemistry-biology. He will attend DePaul University in Chicago to study for a master’s of science in nursing.

He says the most important lesson he learned at Ripon College was “Don’t procrastinate … Wait a second, I do that and I’m still here!

“In all seriousness, I think the biggest lesson learned from Ripon that I will take with me is to not be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. I know, cliché, but taking a step out of my comfort zone is what got me to where I am today as a chemistry-biology student, which allowed me to find my passion for helping others get through hardships and help them regain their confidence to be themselves through being a certified nursing assistant. Who knows what amazing experiences and opportunities wait outside your comfort zone if you don’t take that leap out?”

He says a special memory from Ripon is helping the men’s swim team place third at the conference meet during his sophomore year. “There was tough competition, but we were able to finally see all of our hard work paying off,” he says.

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.