Class of 2021: Haley Reierson

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Haley Reierson ’21 of Manawa, Wisconsin, majored in biology. After graduation, she will do summer research and then apply to graduate school to study for a degree in physical therapy.

“The most important lesson (I learned) from Ripon College that I am taking with me is that working hard is always worth it,” she says. “Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the things that mean the most to you, whether people agree or not. Even when you do work hard, you will not always succeed. As one of my coaches told me, life is a game of both wins and losses where you will likely fail more times than you succeed, but what matters most is how you respond in those situations.”

She says a special memory for her is doing research in the exercise science department, particularly with Assistant Professor of Exercise Science Brittany Followay. “Being able to incorporate my love for exercise as well as challenge myself with analyzing EMG and collecting data has been an incredible experience,” she says.

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.