‘Preventing the Next Pandemic’ to be discussed at Ripon College Wednesday
The talk “Preventing the Next Pandemic” will be presented Wednesday, Sept. 8, at Ripon College. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Kresge Little Theatre, East Hall. The event is free and opens the 2021-22 program to be presented by the Center for Politics and the People.
Per Ripon College policy, all visitors to campus are required to wear a mask in all indoor public spaces.
The speaker, Steve Galster, is co-chair of the End Pandemics Campaign, which advocates to prevent future pandemics by “ending the commercial trade in wild animals, expanding wild habitat and protecting livelihoods,” the organization states. He also is CEO of Freeland, which focuses on ending wildlife trafficking and human slavery.
During his talk, he will discuss identifying root causes of pandemics and preventing future pandemics.
Also scheduled for the fall semester are:
- 6:30 p.m. Sept. 29: Tom Nelson book talk about One Day Stronger: How One Union Local Saved a Mill and Changed an Industry — And What It Means for American Manufacturing.
- October (Date TBD): Alex Lasry, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate.
- 7:30 p.m. Oct. 13: Professors Danny Hayes and Jennifer Lawless book talk about News Hole: The Demise of Local Journalism and Political Engagement
- 7:30 p.m. Nov. 10: Judy Heumann, disability rights activist.
- End of October/early November: Event about redistricting.
- Late November: Student-led event.
“The Politics of Resentment: Seven Years Later,” a discussion with University of Wisconsin-Madison political science professor Katherine Cramer, will be presented Thursday, Feb. 9, at […]
“After the Election: Now What?”, a panel discussion, will be presented Nov. 17 at Ripon College. The presentation will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Kresge […]
John P. Harden, who recently joined Ripon College as an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science, already has gotten involved in the wider […]
A recent study by Assistant Professor of Political Science John P. Harden has been receiving widespread media attention. “Looking Like a Winner: Leader Narcissism and […]