Student-curated poster exhibit opens Friday
“Art, Activism & Intersectionality: An Exhibit of Contemporary Posters” will open Nov. 5 in Caestecker Gallery, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, on the Ripon College campus. A lecture and opening will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The exhibit will continue through Dec. 10 and is free and open to the public. Masks are required in all buildings at Ripon College. Gallery hours are 2-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Art and museum studies students of Associate Professor of Art Travis Nygard curated the exhibit, which features posters and graphics that focus on social issues of today, including topics as varied as the environment, racism, sexism, warfare and mental health.
The students are:
- Lili Alderson ’23 of Ripon, Wisconsin.
- Guadalupe “Lupita” Aviles ’22 of Wichita Falls, Texas
- Nicholas Fuentes ’24 of Stickney, Illinois
- Alanis Harris ’23 of Wilson, Michigan
- Rae Klancnik ’22 of Villa Park, Illinois
- Gemma Koester-Jess ’23 of Madison, Wisconsin
- Miles Kremsreiter ’22 of Pound, Wisconsin
- Juliette Lingle ’22 of Carbondale, Illinois
- Hailey Makuski ’23 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Sarah Nakis ’23 of Lake in the Hills, Illinois
- Becca Parker ’23 of Milton, Wisconsin
- Deonte Perry ’22 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Olivia “Livi” Robinson ’24 of Apple Valley, Minnesota
- Elizabeth “Lizzie” Tallman ’24 of Holcombe, Wisconsin
- Bailey Zanck ’22 of New Berlin, Wisconsin
Visitors to the gallery will be able to vote for their favorite posters as well as to leave their thoughts in the gallery. Nygard said, “I am particularly excited that the College is hosting this exhibition, as it provides us with an opportunity to discuss important topics that Americans are struggling with today. I am curious to hear what the community has to say, as this is an important dialogue.”
The senior baritone vocal recital by Yacob Bennett of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, originally scheduled for April 30 has been postponed to Friday, May 6. The performance […]
Spring Arts Celebration will be held April 29 at Ripon College, highlighting special offerings from the visual art, music and theatre departments. Festivities will run […]
“The Great American Trailer Park Musical,” a riveting musical comedy with a touch of Jerry Springer drama, will be presented April 27-30 by the departments […]
Abbegayle Lane ’22 of Neenah, Wisconsin, will present her senior vocal recital Saturday, April 23, at Ripon College. The recital will begin at 10:30 a.m. […]