Student-curated poster exhibit opens Friday
“Art, Activism & Intersectionality: An Exhibit of Contemporary Posters” will open Nov. 5 in Caestecker Gallery, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, on the Ripon College campus. A lecture and opening will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The exhibit will continue through Dec. 10 and is free and open to the public. Masks are required in all buildings at Ripon College. Gallery hours are 2-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Art and museum studies students of Associate Professor of Art Travis Nygard curated the exhibit, which features posters and graphics that focus on social issues of today, including topics as varied as the environment, racism, sexism, warfare and mental health.
The students are:
- Lili Alderson ’23 of Ripon, Wisconsin.
- Guadalupe “Lupita” Aviles ’22 of Wichita Falls, Texas
- Nicholas Fuentes ’24 of Stickney, Illinois
- Alanis Harris ’23 of Wilson, Michigan
- Rae Klancnik ’22 of Villa Park, Illinois
- Gemma Koester-Jess ’23 of Madison, Wisconsin
- Miles Kremsreiter ’22 of Pound, Wisconsin
- Juliette Lingle ’22 of Carbondale, Illinois
- Hailey Makuski ’23 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Sarah Nakis ’23 of Lake in the Hills, Illinois
- Becca Parker ’23 of Milton, Wisconsin
- Deonte Perry ’22 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Olivia “Livi” Robinson ’24 of Apple Valley, Minnesota
- Elizabeth “Lizzie” Tallman ’24 of Holcombe, Wisconsin
- Bailey Zanck ’22 of New Berlin, Wisconsin
Visitors to the gallery will be able to vote for their favorite posters as well as to leave their thoughts in the gallery. Nygard said, “I am particularly excited that the College is hosting this exhibition, as it provides us with an opportunity to discuss important topics that Americans are struggling with today. I am curious to hear what the community has to say, as this is an important dialogue.”
Yid Vicious, a Madison, Wisconsin-based ensemble specializing in a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Yiddish folk music, will perform in the Chamber Music and […]
The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will return to Ripon College Sunday, Oct. 1, for its annual appearance on campus. The free performance will be presented by […]
A husband-and-wife soprano and piano duo will perform at Ripon College Friday, Sept. 15, as part of the Chamber Music and Jazz at Ripon series. […]
The 2023-2024 Chamber Music and Jazz at Ripon series will feature world-class musicians in jazz, classical, folk and beyond. All events are free and open […]