Ripon College Orchestra will perform Sunday
The Ripon College Orchestra will perform at 3:15 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 14, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. All are welcome to attend, and masks are required to be worn.
C. Patrick Perkins, adjunct instructor of music, is the director. Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin, is the assistant conductor.
The program, “Mozartean Rarities,” will include works by W.A. Mozart: Overture to “Il re pastore (The Shepherd King),” K 208; Motet: “Exsultate, jubilate,” K 165; and Symphony No. 29 in A Major, K 201.
Assistant Professor Music Erin Bryan will be the soprano soloist. At Ripon, she instructs courses in applied voice, vocal pedagogy, lyric diction, and musicology, and she regularly collaborates with Ripon’s choral and theatre departments.
Performers, including students and members of the community, are:
- Violin I: Donna Charley-Johnson; Isaac Tomaschefsky ’24 of Green Bay, Wisconsin; Alicia Mose
- Violin II: Faith Stephan; Ann Wendel
- Viola: Ann Stephan of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Nora Stephan
- Cello: Jacob Griggs ’24 of St. Louis, Missouri; Benjamin Cabala ’24 of Madison, Wisconsin; Haileey Pick ’25 of Temple, Texas; Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin; Johnna Knoke; John Koch; Charles Stephan of Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Bass: Philip Schmahl
- Flute: Katy Crane; Joanne Burne
- Bassoon: Gail Schroeder of Green Lake, Wisconsin
- Horn: Julie Feldner; Gretchen Zook
- Trumpet: Robert Booty of Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Timpani: Mike Manor of Ripon, Wisconsin
The orchestra manager is Kylar Kinyon ’23 of Benton Harbor, Michigan.
(Photo: C. Patrick Perkins)
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]
Lawn concert with jazz, band performances will be presented May 3
The Spring Lawn Concert will be presented Wednesday, May 3, on the lawn in front of Harwood Memorial Union. Music will be presented by Jazz […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 brings family guitar legacy to performance on Thursday
When brass and guitar students present a recital Thursday, one of the guitarists brings a long family legacy of the instrument to his performance. Peter […]