A grant from the Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium funded two student research projects this year. Christina Othon, associate professor of physics, applied for the grant […]
Computer and Data Sciences combines technical skills with the liberal arts to hone problem-solving skills that may be used in a wide array of settings. The integrated majors with mathematical sciences, chemistry and physics deepen these skills while developing specific disciplinary expertise in these sciences.
Julia Goeks, a senior from Lake Forest, Illinois, is the fourth-generation member of her family to attend Ripon College. “I take that as a sign […]
Junmo Kwon ’20 of Chicago, Illinois, will attend Illinois College of Optometry after he graduates this month. He is majoring in chemistry-biology with a minor […]
Ripon College faculty and professional staff are dedicated to helping you reach your goals, whatever they may be and however often they may change along the way. It’s part of our value statement to you.
As a student at Ripon, you will be assigned a faculty adviser based on your area(s) of interest. You will meet with your faculty adviser throughout your time as a student to discuss your current aspirations, plan your course schedule and plot a future trajectory. We also work collaboratively with Ripon College Career and Professional Development to help match your interests and skills to concrete goals and construct a plan for professional success offering personalized career counseling, off-campus learning opportunities and an online job board with potential to connect with local, national and international employers. Our collaboration with Student Support Services provides tutoring and additional academic and skill development, as well as tools to help with note-taking, exam preparation, goal-setting and time management. Likewise, Mentors in the Franzen Center provide in-depth, one-on-one or group mentoring for students about class projects and college-level writing, and can share problem-solving strategies to overcome academic obstacles.Advising at Ripon
Studying off-campus, whether internationally or domestically in the United States, is an experience bound to change your view of the world. In general, full-time students in good academic standing are eligible to apply for admission to off-campus programs.Learn more about Off-Campus Study
47 credits that include:
- PHY 131
- PHY 172
- PHY 251
- CSC 101 Introduction to Programming
- CSC 236 Data Analysis and Visualization
- CSC 336 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 371 Artificial Intelligence and Applied Machine Learning
- 4 credits in CSC
- 4 credits in PHY
- 4 credits in CSC or PHY
- PHY 501,502 (must complete computer/data sciences oriented project)
- Each integrated major requires students to complete a culminating project applying computer and data sciences to the other discipline; these projects take place in the senior seminar.
- Skills in problem-solving, oral presentation writing and critical thinking are refined and developed in the upper-level disciplinary courses taken in physics, as described in the Catalog sections for each integrated major.