Employee Bulletin Boards
Ripon College employee bulletin boards are a resource for the campus community to share important announcements and other meaningful messages. All bulletin boards are accessible from your Ripon College Google Apps account and also may be accessed directly using the links provided below. Faculty and staff must officially “opt in” to join each board. All boards are moderated by an administrator in the division of Marketing and Information Technology.
There are three bulletin boards available to the campus community. These bulletin boards use the Google Groups platform which can be accessed from within your Ripon College Google Apps account.
Ripon College employees should share important announcements with campus colleagues related to college business using the Announcements Bulletin Board. (NOTE: This bulletin board should be used strictly for College business. DO NOT use this bulletin board to promote or report on events or to sell/swap/donate items.)
Events & Happenings
Join this bulletin board to promote campus and other local events, share reminders and provide date/time/location changes, and disseminate birth and death notices.
Join Events & Happenings
The Common Good
Join this bulletin board to solicit time or money for your favorite charity, share special readings and offer/request goods and services.
Join The Common Good
How to join and set your email preferences for each bulletin board
You can decide whether or not to receive email notifications from a bulletin board when new messages are posted. You can set a different preference for each board. Following is the four-step process to do so.
- Step 1. When you go to the bulletin board for the first time, you will see a button called “Join Group” – click on it.
- Step 2. On the next screen, confirm by clicking on the blue Join the Group button.
- Step 3. Back on the main page, the blue “Join Group” button changes to a gray “Membership and email settings” button. Click on this button to set your email preferences.
- Step 4. From the drop-down menu on the next screen select the setting you want. To receive automatic email notifications when someone replies to your post online, check the box right under the email preferences drop-down menu. Click on the “save” button to save your preferences.
How to post a message
Go to the desired bulletin board by clicking the link to the appropriate board above or by entering Google Groups through your Google Apps account. Once you have entered the desired bulletin board, click on the “New Topic” button on the main screen.
How to delete your post
Only you or the board administrator can delete your post. To delete a post, following these simple steps:
- Step 1. Go to your post by clicking on the subject line
- Step 2. Click on the little arrow next to “post reply” to get a drop-down menu of other options
- Step 3. Select “delete post” from the drop-down menu
- Step 4. Click on “OK” when you get the confirmation pop-up window
How to reply to a message
There are three ways to reply to a bulletin board post.
- Option 1: If you have set your preferences to receive email notifications when new messages are posted on a bulletin board, you will receive emails for new posts. You may reply to these emails. Note: these replies will go to everyone who has opted in to receive email alerts from this board. It will also be posted on the board.
- Option 2: If you want to reply privately, compose a new email instead of replying to the email alert. Or make a phone call.
- Option 3: If you prefer not to receive email notifications, you may visit the bulletin board to view recent messages and reply to them online by visiting Google Groups, selecting the specific group or bulletin board and clicking “view message details.”