The following resources can be a helpful place to start at the beginning of the research process.
Political Science reference books
- Oxford Handbook of International Relations / JZ1242 .O94 2008
Oxford Handbook of Political Science / JA6 .O97 2011
- Oxford Handbook of Political Methodology / JA71 .O94 2010
- Oxford Handbook of Political Psychology / JA74.5 .O94 2013
Oxford Handbook of American Presidency / JK516 .O94 2009
- Oxford Handbook of American Congress / JK1041 .O94 2011
Oxford Handbook of American Elections and Political Behavior / JK1976 .O9 2012
The following databases and journals are useful places to search for Political Science related articles. Contact a librarian if you would like more information on how to search for articles on your specific topic.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO): Covers a wide range of academic disciplines, with more than 8600 periodicals available in full text.
- Directory of Open Access Journals: An interdisciplinary database of free, full-text, scholarly journals.
- JSTOR: A full-text archive of over 400 scholarly journals in the arts and sciences. Issues from the past three to five years may not be available.
Search for journals that cover Political Science-related topics by using our Publication Finder tool. You can search for specific journals by title, subject, and more.
Get articles from other libraries
If you cannot find a full-text version of the article you need, request it through interlibrary loan. Interlibrary loan is a free service that allows you to borrow books and articles from other libraries.
Books from Lane Library
Search for books in our collection through Lane Library’s catalog. You can find books with Political Science specific subject headings below:
- American Government
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Political Methodology
- Political Theory