Below is a guide to start streaming on Twitch.tv. Streaming is the act of broadcasting an event or video game live, often times with interactions with the chat of said stream. Here are some tips to get started.
- Make an account on Twitch.tv
- Download Twitch studio or Open Broadcasting Software (OBS)
- Login to Twitch Studio or OBS with your Twitch account
- Set up your camera and your window however you wish
- Open up the application that you wish to stream
- Click the “Start Stream Button”
- Your chat will appear on your right
- You can moderate your chat by clicking on people’s names
Lane Library Resources
Lane Library has a variety of resources available relating to the field of streaming.
Lane Library has two computers in the Franzen Center that can access Adobe Creative Suite. These programs can be used to make backgrounds, segment changes, and other stream related artwork.