Assistant or Associate Professor of Exercise Science – Sports Management
Ripon College is building a new M.S. Program in Exercise Science. The College’s first group of M.S. students will begin taking courses in summer 2024. For the launch of the program, Ripon’s $22 million Willmore Center for Health and Wellness now has new dedicated office space and additional dedicated research space for the Exercise Science program. New equipment for advanced research has been purchased and financial support is available to promote faculty research and faculty-student research.
For the M.S. program and the related undergraduate program, the department of Exercise Science is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant or Associate Professor, with an initial appointment on June 1, 2024. Compensation for the position is competitive. This is a 12-month position that comes with a commitment to teaching graduate courses during the 8-week summer term, including summer 2024. All summer 2024 courses will be taught online. Courses during the academic year will be taught on campus. The successful applicant will teach both graduate and undergraduate courses.
This position is one of three new tenure-track positions for which the department of Exercise Science plans to hire this year. The three positions are Exercise Physiology, Sports Management, and Sports Psychology. This is a unique opportunity for a cohort of qualified and highly motivated teachers/researchers to help shape and build a competitive and high-achieving M.S. program, also further strengthening the undergraduate program.
Applicants are required to have a Ph.D. in Sports Management or a closely related field at the time of appointment. Candidates should have a strong commitment to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as the ability and willingness to establish an effective research agenda with student involvement. Teaching may include undergraduate and graduate courses related to sports administration, sports law, sports facility and event management, public and media relations in sports, and financial issues in sports. Additional expectations include advising students in the department, mentoring undergraduate and graduate research projects, service to the college, department, and community, as well as active involvement in professional organizations.
- Ph.D. in Sports Management or a closely related field
- Ability to teach a variety of classes related to sports management
- Clearly articulated research agenda
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching one or more of the following courses: sports administration, sports law, sports facility and event management, public and media relations in sports, and financial issues in sports.
- Demonstrated experience working in multicultural environments and interest in developing curricula related to diverse populations
- Willingness to develop courses building on the established curricula and contribute, with potential, to the development of graduate-level courses and curricula.
- Evidence of successful collaborative work across disciplines
- Ability to establish a research program that engages both undergraduate and graduate students
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate advising
- Demonstrated ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate research projects
Application: Applicants should submit the following documents as PDF files to Dr. Brittany Followay, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected]
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements outlining
- Teaching Philosophy
- Philosophy on diversity, inclusion, and access
- Research agenda
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
Deadline: Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by Friday, October 6, 2023, are guaranteed full consideration.
This position is open to all qualified applicants. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H1B sponsorship) is available for this position.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal-opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com