Future of Republican Party to be addressed at Ripon College April 4
A panel discussion about the future of the Republican party — to be held in the city of the party’s birth in 1854 — will be held Monday, April 4, at Ripon College, on the eve of the Wisconsin primary election.
The Center for Politics and the People at the College will present the discussion from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Kresge Little Theatre, East Hall, on the campus. All are welcome to attend.
Vice President and Dean of Faculty Ed Wingenbach, who also is a professor of politics and government, will moderate the informal discussion.
Panelists will include:
- State Representative Joan Ballweg, 41st Assembly District
- Bob Welch of The Welch Group, Madison; a 1992 Ripon alumnus and a former Wisconsin State Representative and Senator
- Jerry Podair, Robert S. French Professor of American Studies and professor of history at Lawrence University
- Steve Sorenson, J.D., attorney and adjunct professor of politics and government, Ripon College
- Austin Borchardt ’18, Rubicon, Wisconsin, representing Ripon College Republicans
A reception will follow in the East Hall Lounge.
Adjunct Instructor of Digital Art Christopher T. Wood is a candidate for the prestigious Pfister Hotel Artist-in-Residence in Milwaukee. Candidates for the award will have […]
Dear Ripon College community: Today marks the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is a time when our nation remembers the life […]
Research by Erin K. Bryan, assistant professor of music and voice area coordinator, has been selected for a poster paper presentation at the 2022 National […]
Ripon Hall of Fame Coach Bob Gillespie will be inducted into Lewis University’s Academy of Coaches. He will be honored with three others during halftime […]