We’re still here: Zaeem Kitsos ’20

Getting a job in a museum is the aim of Zaeem Kitsos ’20 of Inverness, Illinois. He is a double major in history and philosophy.

He says the most important lesson he learned at Ripon College is to be adaptable. “Life isn’t easy, it’s not a walk in the park,” he says. “It has its trials and tribulations. But those trials don’t define who you are, rather how you handle them does. With the skills, I’ve learned from Ripon, I can navigate through life a little easier. Being able to adapt to anything that comes at you really helps you out in the long run.

“A lot has happened between my freshman year and now, some of it was good and some of it was bad. Whatever experience it was it helped me become the person I am, so now that I’m going out into the world I feel confident in my abilities to handle anything else life throws at me. And I can thank Ripon College for that.”

He says that, currently, “It’s sad that I can’t end my college career like the people before and the people ahead of me, but I’m thankful for the time I had. I’ve developed a lot of friendships that will last a lifetime. Even now I’m constantly Zoom calling people or talking on the phone with friends. Though I’m not physically at Ripon right now, I still feel like I’m a part of it.”