We’re still here: Bailey Jerrick ’20

Bailey Jerrick ’20 of Stoughton, Wisconsin, is headed for Disney World after graduation in May. She has been accepted into the Disney College Program and will work in the costuming department. After the program, she hopes to work as a character performer for the company.

At Ripon, she is double majoring in theatre and biology.

“I think being at Ripon has really taught me how to be independent in a way that isn’t isolating,” she says. “I’ve learned to get support I need from my friends and my professors in a way that’s really helped me grow into my own person on campus. It’s a scary time right now, but I know that I have a network to reach out to and I can find success by working hard.”

She says adjusting to the off-campus end of the semester has been difficult. “I’m separated from my friends and my professors, which is pretty isolating, but we’ve found ways to communicate effectively. My friends have been trying to host online movie nights where we can still connect and decompress from school work.”