The following resources can be helpful places to start at the beginning of the research process.
Exercise Science reference books
- Clinical exercise science / RC466.8 .C55 2016
- The essentials of teaching physical education / GV365 .M57 2016
- Handbook of disability sport and exercise psychology /
- The SAGE handbook of sport management / GV713 .S25 2017
- Sport management: the basics / GV713.W55 2016
The following databases and journals are useful places to search for exercise science-related articles. Contact a librarian if you would like more information on how to search for articles on your specific topic.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO): Covers a wide range of academic disciplines, with more than 8600 periodicals available in full text.
- BioMed Central: Peer-reviewed open access journals in the health sciences.
- Consumer Health Complete Interface: Consumer-oriented health content, from mainstream to holistic medicine.
- ProQuest Research Library: Includes both popular and scholarly periodicals covering a variety of subjects, with over 3300 titles available in full text.
- PubMed: Citations for biomedical literature, with links to full-text content when available.
- SPORTdiscus: Full-text and abstract database of both scholarly and popular journal and book literature on sports medicine, exercise science, physical therapy, sports, fitness and related topics.
- Sports Medicine and Education Index: Index of scholarly and trade literature on topics ranging from physical education, sports medicine, sport law, kinesiology, motor learning, recreation, standardized fitness tests, sports equipment, business and marketing, coaching and training, and sport sociology/psychology
Books from Lane Library
Search for books in our collection through Lane Library’s catalog. You can find books with exercise science-specific subject headings below:
- Coaching (athletics)
- College sports
- Health behavior
- Physical education and training
- Sports management
- Sport psychology
Discovery Search: search books, e-books, and articles in one place.
Books from other libraries
Writing Guides and Citations
- Lane Library’s Citation Research Guide: information on using APA, Chicago, CSE, and MLA citation styles for your papers.