Professor of physics emerita Mary Williams-Norton publishes article about teaching

Mary Williams-Norton, professor of physics emerita, had an article published in the quarterly spring issue of Radiations, the official publication of the Sigma Pi Sigma physics honor society.

In the “Hidden Physicists” section of the publication, Williams-Norton writes about her philosophy that “every child should be able to have fun with physics.”

“This was my mission for 37 years,” she writes. “I am now retired, but during my career as a professor at Ripon College, I taught physics and astronomy to undergraduate students. I also taught them how to teach. …

“I hope I showed them — so that they could show their future students — that men AND women, boys AND girls can both enjoy and succeed in science, especially physics.”

Her entire article can be read here.