Sports management offering opened doors for Hannah Herzog ’15

Ripon College was the perfect fit for Hannah Herzog ’15. Herzog, of Appleton, Wisconsin, wanted a small school that was close to home and offered studies in sports management. After a tour of the Ripon College campus, Herzog said, “There was nothing I didn’t like about Ripon.”

While at Ripon, Herzog majored in exercise science and minored in early childhood education. She currently attends Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she is working toward a master’s degree in sport administration. She also is a graduate teaching assistant in the sport science department, teaching wellness classes to undergraduate students.

Herzog also interns at the Nashville Sports Council/Franklin American Mortgage Music
City Bowl and works for the Tennessee Titans and Vanderbilt University Athletics. “I am staying busy but getting a lot of experience in the field,” she says.

Herzog says her classes at Ripon College prepared her well for graduate school and the career force. She learned daily life skills that have bettered her as an employee, and the liberal arts education required Herzog to take classes outside of her major. It “all prepared me in different ways; without them, I would not be as well-rounded as I am today,” she says.

She cherishes the lifelong bonds she has developed with fellow Alpha Delta Pi sorority sisters, swim team members, her roommate, friends and professors who equipped her with the education necessary to pursue graduate studies.

Dakota Marlega ’21
Waupaca, Wisconsin