Nominations sought for Ripon College MLK Spirit Awards
The Ripon College Center for Diversity and Inclusion is seeking nominations for its annual MLK Spirit Awards. The awards recognize individuals in five categories for their work to support the spirit and legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. They will be presented during an online ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25.
The five awards are:
- Living the Dream Award: Recognizes a Ripon College student who has contributed to the dream of equality and demonstrated visible and continuing leadership in one or more of the following areas: education, service, civil rights, community, civic engagement.
- Drum Major Award: Recognizes a Ripon College faculty member who has made significant contributions in improving access and opportunity by dismantling barriers. Specifically, they have helped put into place policies, curriculum and initiatives to enhance opportunity and success for underrepresented populations.
- Diversity Practitioner Award: Recognizes a Ripon College staff member who demonstrates excellence in their role as a diversity practitioner on campus. Their work and commitment goes beyond the scope of their respective job, duties or administrative responsibilities.
- LACE (Love, Authenticity, Courage and Empathy) Award: Recognizes a community member who gives freely of their time and service to advance the work of equity and inclusion. They work humbly and effectively for change through their own selfless service.
- Legacy Award: Recognizes a Ripon College alumnus or alumna who displays leadership and advances the cause of justice and equality in our community and society.
The MLK Spirit Awards for 2022 were presented Thursday by the Ripon College Center for Diversity and Inclusion. The awards typically are presented in person […]
The Ripon College Center for Diversity and Inclusion has announced its spring calendar of events. Visit here to view the scheduled month-by-month offerings. The center […]
Dear Ripon College community: Today marks the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is a time when our nation remembers the life […]
“Refugee Children at the Border,” a Zoom talk, will be presented Thursday, Oct. 14, as part of Latin Heritage Month at Ripon College. Presented by […]