Nominations sought for Ripon College MLK Spirit Awards
The Ripon College Center for Diversity and Inclusion is seeking nominations for its annual MLK Spirit Awards. The awards recognize individuals in five categories for their work to support the spirit and legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. They will be presented during an online ceremony at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25.
The five awards are:
- Living the Dream Award: Recognizes a Ripon College student who has contributed to the dream of equality and demonstrated visible and continuing leadership in one or more of the following areas: education, service, civil rights, community, civic engagement.
- Drum Major Award: Recognizes a Ripon College faculty member who has made significant contributions in improving access and opportunity by dismantling barriers. Specifically, they have helped put into place policies, curriculum and initiatives to enhance opportunity and success for underrepresented populations.
- Diversity Practitioner Award: Recognizes a Ripon College staff member who demonstrates excellence in their role as a diversity practitioner on campus. Their work and commitment goes beyond the scope of their respective job, duties or administrative responsibilities.
- LACE (Love, Authenticity, Courage and Empathy) Award: Recognizes a community member who gives freely of their time and service to advance the work of equity and inclusion. They work humbly and effectively for change through their own selfless service.
- Legacy Award: Recognizes a Ripon College alumnus or alumna who displays leadership and advances the cause of justice and equality in our community and society.
The 2023 HEDIT Conference, aimed at promoting diversity and inclusion in higher education, will be held Thursday, Oct. 26, in the conference center on the […]
Ripon College has been awarded a $5,000 grant from the Council of Independent Colleges, funded by the Mellon Foundation, to support diversity, equity and inclusion […]
Yazmin Doroteo has joined Ripon College as director of multicultural affairs. She is from Vista/Oceanside, California. Her parents are from Guerrero and Oaxaca, Mexico, and […]
Ripon College was selected to host the CESA 6 Multilingual Multicultural Post Secondary Fair Thursday, Nov. 3. Multilingual multicultural students, parents and staff from 39 […]