Career and Professional Development
- Phone: 920-748-8318
- Email: [email protected]
The Center for Career & Professional Development is an integral part of the liberal arts experience at Ripon College. We develop and teach innovative, personalized curriculum in our Catalyst program throughout a student’s four years, implement engaging programming and maintain accurate research that provides our students and employers with data and materials that help us all understand career education and job seeking in the fast-paced world of work. Liberal Arts graduates are more likely to be leaders, contributors, and civically engaged, according to the national Association of Colleges and Employers
Developing the Skills Employers Seek
We believe that specialized events and focused learning opportunities help students successfully navigate through the career development process. We make real world connections from day one with local, statewide and national employers and graduate schools. Together we ensure that each graduating class has the tools and skills needed to take the next step. Through a variety of events, focused activities and interactive programs students learn what makes Ripon graduates stand out. Each opportunity is evaluated for maximum learning effectiveness.
- Internship and employer workshops, visits and panels
- Resume and interview building events
- Lingo Lunches, Employer Spotlights, Mock Interview Workshops, Workforce Career Fair: Jobs, Internships and Graduate Schools
The Center for Career & Professional Development is a technology-driven space where students can experience a high-energy and innovative work space. Students have access to the latest tools necessary in today’s workplaces. It also is an inviting space that welcomes everyone.
Career and Professional Development staff maintain memberships with professional organizations to provide connections and opportunities to students along with keeping up with emerging trends in hiring and best practices.
- Associated Colleges of the Midwest Career Professionals (ACM)
- Milwaukee Area College Internship Consortium (MACIC)
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- Wisconsin Association of Colleges and Employers (WI-ACE)
- Wisconsin Private Colleges Career Consortium (WIPCCC)