Two awards from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) have been received by Larry Huebner ’83 of Owens Cross Roads, Alabama. Huebner joined NASA […]
Computer and Data Sciences combines technical skills with the liberal arts to hone problem-solving skills that may be used in a wide array of settings. The integrated majors with mathematical sciences, chemistry, and physics deepen these skills while developing specific disciplinary expertise in these sciences.
Therace M. Risch ’94 of Frisco, Texas, has been promoted to executive vice president and chief information and technology officer at American Electric Power. The […]
Erin Munro Krull, assistant professor of mathematics and the Mark and Janice Franzen Professor in Applied Mathematics, recently published an article in Frontiers in Neuroscience. […]
Ripon College faculty and professional staff are dedicated to helping you reach your goals, whatever they may be and however often they may change along the way. It’s part of our value statement to you.
As a student at Ripon, you will be assigned a faculty adviser based on your area(s) of interest. You will meet with your faculty adviser throughout your time as a student to discuss your current aspirations, plan your course schedule and plot a future trajectory. We also work collaboratively with Ripon College Career and Professional Development to help match your interests and skills to concrete goals and construct a plan for professional success offering personalized career counseling, off-campus learning opportunities and an online job board with potential to connect with local, national and international employers. Our collaboration with Student Support Services provides tutoring and additional academic and skill development, as well as tools to help with note-taking, exam preparation, goal-setting and time management. Likewise, Mentors in the Franzen Center provide in-depth, one-on-one or group mentoring for students about class projects and college-level writing, and can share problem-solving strategies to overcome academic obstacles.Advising at Ripon
44 credits that include:
- MTH 201
- MTH 202
- CSC 101 Introduction to Programming
- CSC 236 Data Analysis and Visualization
- CSC 336 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 371 Artificial Intelligence and Applied Machine Learning
- 8 additional credits in CSC
- 8 additional credits in MTH above MTH 300
- MTH 501,502 (must complete computer/data sciences oriented project)
- Each integrated major requires students to complete a culminating project applying computer and data sciences to the other discipline; these projects take place in the senior seminar.
- Skills in problem-solving, oral presentation writing and critical thinking are refined and developed in the upper-level disciplinary courses taken in physics, as described in the Catalog sections for each integrated major.