Apply for Financial Aid
Learn more about financial aid!We provide 100 percent of our undergraduate students with financial assistance and make it our mission to ensure a great economic and educational value per every dollar spent. Check out the video to the left, or watch our playlist about filling out your FAFSA!
Ripon College offers financial aid using information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form is available online at studentaid.gov, or ask your high school counselor or the Office of Financial Aid if you have questions. To apply:
- View our website to assist you and your contributors (parent(s), spouse, student, etc.) in information for the online FAFSA.
- You and your contributors should apply for an FSA User ID and Password online. The FSA ID is an ID you will use throughout your financial aid process as a digital signature.
Complete your FAFSA
- We encourage you to use FAFSA on the Web at studentaid.gov because it is fast, easy and secure.
- Complete all sections about you, your school plans and financial information for yourself and all contributors.
- Invite all contributors (parent(s), spouse, etc.) to complete their sections of the FAFSA.
- Provide consent in order to transfer your tax information directly into the FAFSA from the IRS.
- Be sure to include our Federal School Code: 003884
- Be sure you and all of your contributors sign your FAFSA using the FSA User ID.
- Keep a copy of your submitted application for your records.
- After the federal processor has completed its analysis, you will receive a FAFSA Submission Summary (FSS). This is your record of your FAFSA, not your financial aid offer.
- The Student Aid Index (SAI) listed on your FSS is derived from the information you listed on the FAFSA. It measures your family’s financial strength to determine your eligibility for student aid.
- Once your file a FAFSA, and the school receives your data, you will be sent an official financial aid offer.
- During the application process, you may be asked to verify the information reported on the FAFSA. We will request the appropriate documentation from you if necessary.
- Notify the Office of Financial Aid in the case of special circumstances.
For maximum consideration:
- Be accepted for admission to Ripon College.
- File the 2024-25 FAFSA as soon as possible.
- Respond quickly to requests for additional information.