Librarian for Technology
Available in Lane Library
We have the following available for check-out:
- 13 Chromebooks: We have two different models: one is classic Chromebook from Toshiba, and the other is a Samsung convertible touchscreen. Both work simply with the Google education suite, simply requiring your Ripon email and password to sign in.
- 2 Sony HDR-PJ380 Handycam Camcorders: Small, lightweight video camera, easy to record and create videos for projects. For further information and instructions, please refer to the user guide.. 2 Tripods are available for these cameras.
- Nikon D3400 digital camera: Includes 1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens and 1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-6.3G ED lens. Also included in camera item check out: carrying bag, Memory card, battery, charger. Tripod is available.
- Graphing calculator
How do I checkout technology?
Digital camcorders, chromebooks, digital camera, and graphing calculator can only be checked out from and returned to a librarian, during the hours of 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
What is required for checkout?
Digital technology check-outs are available to students, faculty and staff. A valid Ripon College ID must be present for checkout.
What about my personal data (passwords, email, etc.)?
The safest action is to remove any personal information from the device before you return it. Remember to sign out of the Chromebook before returning it, and delete any images or files on the camera and camcorders. The Library is not responsible for anything you put or leave on our equipment.
How long can I keep a digital device?
The loan period is three days.
How do I find out if an Chromebook, Camera, or Camcorder is available?
The availability status is updated in the Lane Library catalog. Search for Chromebook, Nikon Camera or Camcorder to find results.
Ripon College has purchased these technology items in order to provide students, faculty and staff access to technology. It is our hope to promote access and enhance innovative teaching and learning methods, as well as provide understanding and familiarity with evolving technology.
- A replacement charge will be imposed if the device is not returned within three days of the due date, including if it is lost or stolen. (replacement cost for the latest model, approximately up to the following amounts: Chromebook: $400; camcorder: $575; digital camera $600)
- If damage occurs to any components or accessories, charges will be imposed as appropriate.
- Checkout period is three days.
- Return the device to a librarian Monday through Friday, from 7:30am to 5:30pm. Do not place the device in the book drop.
- All components (charging/syncing cables, bag/covers, memory cards) must be returned at the same time.
- The borrower is responsible for removing/transferring any documents, images, software or apps purchased or added to library equipment before returning it. All user information and content will be removed when the equipment is returned and cannot be recovered by the library.
- Never leave library equipment in an enclosed car or exposed to direct sunlight, as this may damage the equipment, and you could be assessed a repair/replacement charge up to the full cost of the damaged equipment.
- Never leave library equipment unattended or loan it to another person; you are responsible for the equipment until you have returned it to a librarian and it is checked in