Creating an extraordinary life means being willing to go
beyond the standard what's expected what's been done before
direct entry and 4+1
As an undergraduate at Ripon College, you’ll do more in your four years here. Now, you can take your journey event further with our 4+1 Master’s Direct Entry program. This means when you are accepted as a first-year student at Ripon and indicate interest in the program, you will be considered for acceptance into the master’s program*.
Once accepted into the direct-entry program, you’ll be accelerating your career and graduating with a master’s degree 12-15 months after you complete your undergraduate education.
*While at Ripon, students must maintain a 3.0 GPA and complete certain prerequisite classes.
direct entry and 4+1
- Mark your interest in the 4+1 Direct Entry program on your undergraduate application
- Earn a 3.0 high school unweighted GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Complete a biology and chemistry course in high school
- Submit a letter describing how your interest in exercise science has evolved:
- What are some of your long-term career goals?
- In what ways do you hope the 4+1 program will help achieve these goals?
- What experiences have you had or skills/trails do you possess that will make you successful in the program and field of exercise science?
- Undergraduate applications for Ripon are considered on a rolling basis with admission decisions to the College released starting in mid-September of each year.
- Applicants must be admitted to Ripon College and all supporting materials listed above must be submitted by Feb. 15, 2024, for consideration.
- Admissions decisions for the direct-entry program will be released in mid-March 2024.
- Resume including experiences relevant to exercise science, research and other related activities.
- 3.0 college GPA*
*Provisional admission status may be granted with a 2.75-2.99 GPA. Provisional admission students will earn full status after completing 9 graduate credits with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Letter of interest
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- No GRE requirement
- No requirement for specific undergraduate majors/minors
- A maximum of 9 hours of graduate coursework completed before a student is admitted to the graduate program may count toward meeting the requirements of the master’s degree
- Prerequisites of one semester of anatomy and physiology and exercise physiology are required for the exercise physiology specialization only
- No prerequisites are required for sport management or sport psychology
- Students admitted to the graduate program lacking the recommended undergraduate coursework may be required to complete courses in these areas to meet prerequisites for specific graduate courses.
Graduate students have the option to choose housing in the on-campus apartments at Ripon College. Housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You also can choose to have a meal plan if desired.* You are not required to live on campus or have a meal plan as a graduate student.
*Meal plans are not available during summer terms.
WE ARE HERE TO ANSWER YOUR
If you are interested in learning more about Ripon College and the Master of Exercise Science program, we invite you to contact Hannah Estabrook, graduate admission coordinator, at [email protected] or 920-748-8116.