Campus Allies serve a critical role in Ripon College’s mission to connect to and support the needs of a diverse student body.
The Diversity Leadership Roundtable is a forum for students, faculty and staff working on issues related to diversity at Ripon College to share ideas, coordinate efforts and collaborate. Members will not formulate official policies for the College but may be a venue for independent groups and individuals to work on joint projects promoting the acceptance, inclusion and celebration of multiple types of diversity at Ripon – racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, ability, national origin, etc.
The Roundtable openly welcomes staff, faculty and students who are interested in participating in the forum or workshops that are periodically offered on campus including: Safe Zone Training and the Social Justice and Leadership Retreat. The following Ripon faculty and staff members are part of the Diversity and Leadership Roundtable, and serve as mentors for students seeking unity and a support system on campus. Many of these individuals also have participated in safe zone training.
Faculty & Staff Allies
- Mary Unger, assistant professor of English
- Brenda Gabrielson, director of academic support center (Franzen Center)
- Jean Rigden, director of teacher education, HEDIT faculty representative
- Richard Coles, professor of exercise science and assistant coach of football, Pieper family chair servant leadership
- Jackie Clark, associate professor of sociology
- Rafael Salas, professor of art and chair of the department of art and art history
- Lisa Zieman, associate director of student support services and coordinator of disability support services
- Myra Gilreath, assistant director of student support services
- Dan Krhin, executive director of student support services
- Mamadou Diallo, residence hall director, advisor men of color initiative
- Courtney Bernd, residence hall director
- Paul Jeffries, associate professor of philosophy
- Timothy Reed, professor of Spanish
- Mary Hatlen, director, center for career and professional development